17 Cool Facts from Todays iPhone Event
The first 20-30 minutes of today’s “let’s talk iPhone event” was around cool stats and facts about Apple and their products. Some are pretty stellar while others are just confirming what we already knew.
Here’s the cools ones I caught during several live blogs just a few hours ago…
- Six stores in China and plan on doing a lot more with 357 stores in 11 countries
- There are 60 million Mac users around the world today.
- 77% of the people are still buying something else. “We have a lot to go”
- iPod market-share in U.S. above 70% since it’s release (that’s a long time to hold that amount of market share!)
- Over 300 million iPods have been sold
- The MP3 Market is a mature market. Sold 45 million iPods so far this year (ending in June)
- iPhone is the #1 selling iPhone. 93% of fortune 500 companies are testing iPhone
- iPhone 4 accounts for more than half of all iPhones ever sold.
- People love their iPhones. 70% are very satisfied.
- iPhone has 5% of the Worldwide Mobile Phone market.
- 3 out of 4 tablets sold in US are iPads
- “The customer satisfaction ratings show a 95% score in a recent survey.”
- iOS has 43% of the mobile market
- 500,000 apps in Apps Store, 140K made just for iPad
- 18 billion apps downloaded in 3 years
- 1 billion apps downloaded per month
- $3 billion paid to devs by Apple (several millionaires now due to Apple)
Now I know what most of you are saying because it’s the same thing I’m saying as well – “are the facts true?”. It’s not the first time a company has “strayed” from the truth to add data to their media events or product launches so it’s is possible some of these are…not fully legit. However, when I hear Apple admit that they “have a lot to go” due to the fact that 77% of people are still buying something other than iPhone’s, I get somewhat excited!