Apps to Distract You from Boredom
With the amount of apps nowadays, there’s no reason you should ever be bored. You can just pull out your smartphone or tablet and find something to do.
If you need a little extra help finding apps to distract you from boredom, take a look at this list we’ve compiled.
Image via Flickr by Siddartha Thota
Music is a great way to pass the time. You can use apps like Pandora or Spotify to stream music, something more robust like iTunes to create playlists, or even tap into a local radio station. Apps that stream music are a great way to pass the time because you are able to explore songs you’ve never heard before. Plus, you can rate music and see the reviews of others.
Here are some music apps you should try:
- Spotify: Stream music, find lyrics, and give ratings.
- Pandora: Stream music, create stations, and save favorites.
- iTunes: Buy music, create playlists, and rate music.
- Vjat: Create music mashups.
We couldn’t leave game apps off the list because they are probably the best way to pass the time when you’re bored. You can’t go wrong with card games and casino games, like roulette online at Luxury Casino. However, there are all sorts of other game apps, too.
Here are some popular game apps you should try:
- Angry Birds: Have fun with this slingshot-style game.
- Doodle Jump: Jump off platforms and climb as high as possible.
- Whale Trail Frenzy: Collect bubbles and race to the end.
- Draw Something: Play a Pictionary-like game with friends.
- Candy Crush Saga: Play this ode to Be-Jeweled.
- Fruit Ninja: Slice fruit as they appear on the screen.
Get your creative juices flowing when you’re bored with photo apps. You can take and share photos with Instagram or get a photo-editing app for all sorts of fun. For instance, there are several photo distortion apps that let you stretch bodies, replace heads, and more.
Here are some fun photo apps you should try:
- FatBooth: Warp a picture to see someone gain weight.
- Facetune: Remove blemishes from photos.
- Clone Camera: Add a color tint to your photos.
- Photoshop Touch: Make changes to photos for professional results.
- Aviary: Import photos and make them look stunning
Whether you want to watch funny videos or a sitcom, there are apps to help you do that. Some video apps require a subscriptions, such as Netflix and Hulu, while others are completely free, such as YouTube.
Here are some video apps you should try:
- LiveStream: Watch live TV shows on several major networks.
- Netflix: Stream movies to your device.
- Hulu: Stream movies to your device.
- YouTube: Watch user-uploaded videos from around the world.
- Trailers: See clips from upcoming movies and TV shows.
This is just a small sampling of the apps you can download when you’re bored. There are literally more apps than you could ever try. Stop being bored and start using your smartphone or tablet for entertainment.