New HD WiFi Security Camera Available from Dropcam
With recently purchasing a new home, I’ve been on the market for some new, creative home security options and since I’m not a big fan of the traditional security systems offered – I’ve been looking for something that utilizes the technology of today.
The problem: price. I’ve gotten numerous people coming to my door offering a security system which allows you to control your security settings, temperature control along with live video monitoring all within their one system – which sounds really cool – but the price is out of this world!
Then I heard this news…
Dropcam is now shipping their $149 HD WiFi security camera
From what I’ve read thus far, it has everything I’d want in video monitoring.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
What I like:
- Easy Setup – requires no software and no computer to setup
- Pretty awesome night vision (check out the video)
- HD 720P Resolution – great video quality
- Audio integration + you can talk back
- DVR capabilities – however this cost $9.99 per month for cloud storage
- Live Video – can be accessed via iPhone, Mac, PC or Android (here’s a demo)
- Notifications – alerts you via iPhone or Android if motion is detected
- View multiple cameras – according to Dropcam, setting up multiple cams is simple!
- Small – this thing is pretty small and could be put almost anywhere. It does come with a stand but is easily taken off
What I don’t like:
- Indoor use only – it’s only “approved” for indoor use but my guess is you ‘could’ use it outdoors in some places IE patio, etc.
Granted I haven’t purchased one of these guys to try it for myself but for $149, I’m seriously considering it! Other than the AC cord, this is completely wireless and Dropcam already has an app that allows easy access to your live video on any smart device.
- Dropcam Begins Shipping The $149 Dropcam HD WiFi Security Camera (techcrunch.com)
- Dropcam HD WiFi monitoring camera now shipping for $149 (engadget.com)