[NEWS] Apple Launches iBooks 2, a Steve Jobs innovation dream
“The process by which states certify textbooks is corrupt, but if we can make the textbooks free, and they come with the iPad, then they don’t have to be certified. The crappy economy at the state level will last for a decade, and we can give them an opportunity to circumvent that whole process and save money.” – Steve Jobs
One of the innovation dreams Steve Jobs had on his list was to revolutionize the text book and how students (mainly from K-12 grade) consume education. Today Apple has announced it’s first step in this revolution – iBooks 2 – at Apples Education Event.
As of today (right now) students will have the ability to download their own personal version of a school textbook that’s always updated, much more interactive and a LOT cheaper than a hard copy – $14.99 to exact.
- Experience multi-touch textbooks
- Filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, and videos
- Swipe through pictures quickly – watch videos on the fly
- Highlight by swiping over text in the texbook
- Study Cards to help you memorize important highlights, notes and glossary terms
- Tap glossary terms to see definitions of key topics and concepts without leaving the page
All I can say is…Can I go back to school now?