Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39 Bucks [+ get $70 in free app offers]
In addition to a new operating system, you get up to $70 in special app offers including app deals from ESPN, The New York Times, Where’s my Perry? and more; so if you’ve considered making the switch, I’d say NOW is the time to do it (or at least before 01/31/2013).
Learn Windows 8 in 3 Minutes (OK, it’s really 4)
Here’s a few questions you may be asking…
What are the system requirements?
- 1 GHz processor or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB RAM / 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 × 768 screen resolution
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
Why should I upgrade, what are the key features?
- New start screen with live/updated tiles, ability to customize and ability to switch to legacy and familiar desktop
- Faster boot-up (+ longer batter life for those on laptops)
- Faster & more secure
- Sync pictures, files and settings to the “cloud” (if you like that sorta thing)
- Download apps, songs, and other media on the fly
What files can I keep when I upgrade?
Here’s a quick screenshot directly from the Windows website.
What tools are available to backup my PC?
Great question and the good news is that Windows 7 made backing up and restoring your files a lot easier. Here’s a few How-to’s:
- Back up your files
- Create a system repair disc
- Back up your programs, system settings, and files
- Restore files from a backup
Lastly, How do I upgrade?
The process appears to be fairly simple. Just go and download the ‘Upgrade Assistant’ to see if your system is compatible and follow the menus that come up. You can choose to keep your files but I’d highly recommend you still backup your most important files prior to upgrade “just in case”.