It’s true, we’re just 3 days away from Christmas and some of you are just starting your yearly holiday Christmas shopping and finding yourself in a massive pinch – product availability is limited, shipping is generally out of the question and yet only 72 hours left to buy that “perfect gift”.
If you find yourself in this situation, you’ve found the blog post that’s gonna save your hide. Below I’ve listed out at least 7 last-minute Christmas gifts that any geek, nerd or tech lover would LOVE to have…that’s IN stock TODAY!
1. Roku 2 XS,
While the Roku 2 XS has been on sale throughout the holiday season it’s STILL a great last-minute Christmas gift and Amazon is STILL offering 1-day shipping at checkout. Here’s a quick run-down of the features:
- 600+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
- HD streaming
- Works with virtually any TV
- Built-in wireless
If you’re looking for a great holiday gift on the quick, the Roku has proven to impress. Buy it here. If they already have a Roku, try getting some sick accessory’s now on sale over at roku.com.
2. Apple TV,
If you’re not sold on the Roku or if you have an Apple Fan that you’re buying for, I can personally tell you that you really can’t go wrong with the latest edition of Apple TV. Here’s a quick look at what it has to offer:
- AirPlay, stream your iPad, iPhone or Mac on the big screen
- Stream Netflix, Hulu, Radio, etc. all from one device
- Built-in wireless
- Works with virtually any TV
- Rent & buy TV shows and movies
What’s the best part? The best part is that you can purchase the Apple TV at nearly any major electronics store, the Apple store OR you can buy it directly from Amazon with a $10 discount. I just purchased one of the guys last night for a family member at Fry’s Electronics and they price-matched it for me. Find it on Amazon here.
3. Phone Accessories, $10-$20
The problem with last-minute Christmas shopping is the limited availability in a lot of hot products that you’d likely want. The great part about phone accessories is their simple abundance and wide-range of products to choose from. Here’s a few ideas that you can probably pickup at Walmart, Target or any major electronics store:
- Phone case (one can never have too many cases to choose from)
- Car charger OR and wall + car + mobile charging device
- Screen protector
- Bluetooth headset – either the traditional ear-piece set or one designed specifically for the car
- Audio Cord for the car and radio
- Car Phone Mount
- Phone Camera Stand
Whether you’re looking for gift under the tree or a simple stocking stuff, you can never go wrong with a cool phone accessory for your friend or loved one!
4. The Dark Knight Trilogy, $26
First of all, the fact that you can buy all three Batmans (including the most recent release “The Dark Knight Rises”) under $50 is just awesome. If you’re looking for a great gift that will deliver hours of entertainment you can beat this amazing trilogy going for just $26 over at Walmart OR even cheaper on Amazon (for the Blu-ray version).
- Release date: 12/04/2012
- Starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman and others
- 457 minutes (between all three videos)
5. CD’s, Flash-Drives and Mobile Storage, $15-$100
Don’t ask me why but us Geeks can NEVER get enough flash-drives and mobile storage – so even if it was your gift to us last year, it’s OK to buy it again this year as long as it fast, small and more storage.
…is a perfect last -minute Christmas gift for your geek friend or loved one.
6. Wireless Mouse, $12-$70
Depending on your poison, you can get an amazing wireless mouse for your geek or nerd for as little as $12 bucks right now from Best Buy (and other electronic stores). Again, we may already have one or maybe even two but there’s just something about a fresh new mouse that makes us geek all happy inside.
- A great value from Logitech
- Or, go expensive for your Apple Lover
- Or, add a little style on a budget
7. iTunes or Google Play Gift Card, $15-endless
Okay, if you’re really stuck, finding things out of stock or on a serious time-crunch, you can always buy some store credit for your tablet or smart phone device friend/family. Buying this type of gift card allows them to purchase apps, music, and movies right from their mobile device without a penny coming from their pocket.
- Here’s some Google Play Gift Cards
- And here’s some iTunes Gift Cards
The great part of it all is these cards can be purchased at nearly ANY major store around you – grocery stores, gas stations, mobile stores, and the list goes on.
And the list goes on…
- Subscription to the persons favorite service (IE XBOX Live, Netflix, Hulu, SugarSync, etc.)
- Geek Gear – shirts, pens, desk accessory’s, etc.
- Comic, Game or Movie Posters – artwork, characters, etc.
- eReaders – Kindle Fire, Nook, iPad, etc.
- Desk Accessory’s – mini-helicopter, time wasters, etc.
Now that you’ve got some great last minute gift ideas, get off your computer, tablet or smart phone and get to purchasing because even these great deals will only last for a limited time (well, at least until after the holidays). I hope everyone has a HAPPY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I miss something? Feel free to share below…